Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Birthrights Reviewed!


6-4-2011

I'm usually the one reviewing and screaming from the rooftops about my favorite books, so it was very cool to open my e-mail this morning and find someone else doing it for me! *HUGE HAPPY GRIN*

Before I bore you to tears with my own emotions, here is what Patria Dunn Rowe had to say about Birthrights!

Don’t you hate when you get to the end of a book, and you are so into it, that you find yourself checking to make sure there are no more pages to read!? This is what happened to me at the end of Birthrights. The extreme detail, and the vivid description of each character and creature ranging from Feys to Lycans to Weres to Vamps, and last but certainly not least in this story –Witches-, left me feeling like that author is indeed a witch herself –living among us in our human world-. How else could she have written so specifically about the many different powers that each of the character had, their way of life and the story behind it? *Shaking my head in awe*

In my mind, I was living the story with the two main characters –Caislyn and Jaxon-. I laughed with them through their discoveries, and my heart went out to them at their human like need to search for answers to what had happened to the both of them that brought them to the point in the book. By the end, I found my self wishing that the second book in this trilogy was already out so that I could keep on reading. I want more! More answers, more story, more Witches!

With so many books out here today focusing on the Vampire world, I was pleasantly surprised to see how the author –Christine Butler- incorporated ‘Vamps’ in such a way that they played more of a background role throughout. I, personally have never fallen in love with a Witch story like I did this one, and it has really opened my mind to wanting to check out more books like this.

I can only imagine what Caislyn and Jaxon have waiting for them in book 2 of the Awakening trilogy, and I’m anxiously waiting for its release in September 2011!

*Christine is doing the happy dance* Oh, well, now that you are done reading that glowing review - it's time to go buy my book and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment